Dreamland Margate Terms & Conditions
The safety of its guest is of paramount importance to Dreamland. The following terms and conditions must be complied with by all persons visiting the attraction in order to ensure the safety of all visitors. Those deemed to be outside of, or in conflict with the following terms may be refused entry into the Attraction or result in being removed from the Attraction, by the Dreamland team, security or police officers and without the right to a refund.
Whilst inside Dreamland, you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by the Dreamland team, health and safety notices, policies and announcements and/or any third party instructed on behalf of Dreamland.
Dreamland is the trading name of Sands Heritage Limited. Company No.09094163. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 49 Marine Terrace, Margate, Kent CT9 1XJ.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
Ticket: a valid ticket or wristband permitting the holder entry to the attraction, rides and any events;
Attraction: Dreamland Margate
- Dreamland will make every effort to ensure as many rides and attractions are open at all times. Dreamland can not commit to operating all advertised rides and attractions every day and will endeavour to publicise any changes to the line up as soon as reasonably possible. Dreamland reserve the right to change the operating hours of the business.
- If the Attraction is closed in contrary to the usual opening times, Dreamland reserves the right to offer substitute tickets or wristbands for admission to the Attraction or rides at the Attraction on an alternative date in substitution for tickets or wristbands purchased online or in advance.
- Dreamland shall not be liable for any costs, losses, expenses or damages, including but not limited to any liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Attraction.
- Once purchased, all dream passes, wristbands and event tickets are non-refundable. This is without exception.
- Upon entering the Attraction, all persons thereby accept the responsibility to undertake reasonable steps to ensure the safety of any person accompanying them as well as their personal safety, this includes medical conditions as well as appropriate and safe behaviour in the Attraction.
- By entering the Attraction guests agree to use all rides, amusements, transport systems and all other facilities in accordance with Dreamland's or the relevant operator's instructions.
- Dreamland reserves the right to amend ticket prices at any time without prior notification to ticket holders, guests and members.
- Dreamland reserves the right to run promotions, flash offers and discounts at any time and without prior notification to ticket holders, guests and members.
- Dreamland reserves the right to reasonably refuse admission to the Attraction, ban a person or persons from entry to the Attraction, or remove them from the Attraction without right to refund any person(s) who;
(a) acts in an inappropriate manner whilst travelling to the Attraction and where such inappropriate behaviour has been reported to Dreamland by a reliable, independent source
(b) has been convicted of a criminal offence or civil unrest relating to the Attraction which, in the opinion of Dreamland, is likely to impact the safety and/or have an adverse affect on the enjoyment of other persons, including Dreamland staff
(c) uses inappropriate, violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive or discriminatory language or action, or in any way behaves in a manner which may be deemed as a breach of the peace
(d) damages, defaces, climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, or any other buildings or property at the Attraction. Dreamland reserves the right to prosecute any person deemed to have damaged or defaced any part of the Attraction and initiate the appropriate legal proceedings
(e) has displayed or displays any sign or visible representation that could reasonably be judged to be offensive, threatening or abusive to Dreamland staff and other person(s) in the Attraction
(f) is attempting to regain admission to the Attraction as a result of being refused entry or has gained entry to the Attraction without a valid ticket or wristband
(g) has purchased or obtained a ticket, wristband, dream pass or discount vouchers from what Dreamland reasonably believe to be an unauthorised source
(h) attempts to enter or enters prohibited areas of the Attraction not open to guests or anyone other than Dreamland staff
- In the event admission is refused as a result of any of the above pre-booked tickets, wristbands or dream passes are non-refundable
- Once in the Attraction a ticket or wristband must be retained at all times and available for inspection if requested by Dreamland staff on the rides or at an event.
- A child or children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 years or over or will be refused entry to the Attraction. Once inside the Attraction the child(ren) must remain under the supervision of an adult at all times. In the interests of safety and security, Dreamland reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, without any prior notification.
- To qualify for a free carer ticket, you must be accompanying someone who needs your support and they must provide proof of their disability when booking their tickets or wristbands in the form of; disability living allowance or attendance allowance award letter, personal independence payment letter, a current and valid blue badge or a letter from their GP or Consultant.
- All Tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value.
- Tickets and wristbands are only valid on the date printed on the purchased ticket or wristband. Guests hold the responsibility for checking the Attraction’s operating calendar for opening dates and times. Always visit the website before travelling for the latest information.
- In the event tickets, wristbands and dream passes are bought on behalf of other guests or groups the buyer thereby accepts these Terms and Conditions on behalf of every guest included in the purchase and shall ensure that they are followed by each person in the group.
- If you have booked your wristbands or tickets online you should exchange your printed pdf or confirmation for a wristband at the Information Desk. You can also show confirmation on a mobile or other hand held device.
- Online advanced tickets must be booked and purchased at least 24 hours prior to the opening time of your visit date to the Amusement park
- The Attraction is private property and as such the sale of any items to guests within the Attraction grounds is only permitted by authorised sellers
- It is strictly prohibited to bring dangerous items, weapons or articles that may cause injury into the Attraction. By entering the Attraction guests agree to the condition that if requested to do so by Dreamland staff, security or the police, they will allow their belongings and/or persons to be searched to prevent dangerous items or weapons entering the Attraction.
- Any person(s) found to be in possession of a weapon, dangerous item or article deemed to be dangerous or offensive with be removed from the Attraction without the right to a refund and in appropriate cases Dreamland reserves the right to report the person(s) to the relevant authorities which may result in prosecution.
- Illegal substances are strictly prohibited in the Attraction and any person(s) found in possession of, using or who appear to be under the influence of any illegal substances will be removed without the right to a refund or refused admission.
- The consumption of alcohol is only permitted in authorised places within the Attraction. Alcohol must not be taken into the Attraction under any circumstances.
- Any person(s) found in possession of alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission or removed from the Attraction without right to refund.
- Picnicking is not permitted at the amusement park. No food and drink may be brought into the amusment park unless a dietary requirement. All food and drink consumed at Dreamland Margate must be purchased from one of the food and drink outlets within Dreamland Margate.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within the Attraction, this includes the use of e-cigarettes, except for in the designated smoking areas.
- Pets or animals are strictly prohibited in the Attraction. This excludes guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs. Restrictions also extend to vehicle’s parked at the Attraction. In relation to any animals that are found to be distressed or left unsupervised, Dreamland reserves the right to contact any relevant authority.
- Unnecessary and disruptive noise, including that resulting from the use of musical instruments, radio, stereo or any other electrical equipment, or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance of offence to other guests is not permitted in any part of Dreamland.
- Guests must be dressed appropriately at all times whilst at the Attraction. A top and shoes must be worn and clothing that is likely to cause offense or is considered indecent will result in removal or refusal of admission to the Attraction.
- Without exception, there is a no tolerance policy to verbal and physical abuse towards any Dreamland staff member. Any person found to be entering into a confrontation with a member of Dreamland staff will be removed from Dreamland and will not be entitled to a refund or readmission.
- For health and safety reasons stilettos or loose clothing may not be permitted on certain rides. Upon refusal to cooperate with the ride’s dress code the Attraction reserves the right to refuse entry to the ride.
- Photography, including flash photography, and the use of cameras is permitted around the Attraction provided that these are solely for private use and not used for any commercial or public purpose.
- Any media or commercial photography/filming must be approved in advance by Dreamland.
- The use of tripods for filming is not permitted unless prior written consent has been received by Dreamland. Anyone seen using a tripod on the park could be asked to leave the property.
- If any photographs or footage is deemed to be offensive to guests or Dreamland staff then Dreamland reserve the right to request the material is deleted.
- By accepting Dreamland’s terms and conditions guests agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture footage of any individual or group without that person’s/groups permission.
- Guests must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place in certain areas or rides and failure to comply may result in removal from the Attraction.
- On occasion Dreamland or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording within the Attraction and this may feature guests. By entering Dreamland guests accept these terms and conditions and the use of such images by Dreamland or any authorised party in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format. Copyright for the material remains with Dreamland or the authorised party.
- CCTV cameras are used around the Attraction in the interests of safety and to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However the Attraction does not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras.
- Dreamland advised that guests do not bring valuables into the Attraction. All items are brought into the Attraction at the guest’s own risk and Dreamland accepts no liability for the loss or damage to any property.
- Dreamland only permits the use of the following transport devices; wheelchairs and mobility scooters in designated areas within the Attraction. Restricted devices include Bicycles, Hover Boards and Skateboards.
- Dreamland takes no responsibility for loss or damage caused to any vehicle using the car park. Dreamland offers no guarantee as to the security of any vehicles in the car park. The car park off Belgrave Road is a public car park managed by Thanet District Council. A parking fee applies to leave your car parked in this car park.
- Motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature are not permitted anywhere in the attraction.
- Dreamland Margate accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by you as a result of any event outside our control (including any distress, inconvenience, anxiety or loss of enjoyment arising from the evacuation of any of the rides and the attraction itself). This does not affect your statutory rights.