Technical Services Team (Electrical)
Dreamland Margate is a multi-faceted business, it has a clear vision to become a year-round entertainment destination that needs to connect to a broad range of audiences. It has an invigorating and bright future; the amusement park has undergone a multi-million-pound investment and is now a must visit attraction.
What we are looking for:
The role of Technical Services Team (Electrical) is to work within the Technical Services Department, which is responsible for maintaining the strategic and daily operation of Dreamland’s Rides & Attractions, as well as the wider maintenance and compliance requirements of the Dreamland Estate as a whole.
This position is based on an annualised hours contract of 2184 per annum (January – December), excluding your entitlement to paid holidays. This is based on an average of 42 hours per week. Due to the nature of the business, you will be expected to work additional hours during park opening times.
The responsibilities include the tasks below: –
- To carry out PPM schedules and daily/weekly/monthly/annual inspections in a timely & safe manner as required to ensure all of Dreamland’s Rides & Attractions, Estate Buildings, Plant, Equipment & Infrastructure, are always available as required to fulfil the operational needs and compliance requirements of the Business.
- To Ensure all Ride & Attractions are maintained to the highest levels of safety in accordance with H&S Policies, O & M manuals, and the specific requirements of the amusement device inspection procedures scheme (ADIPS) and HSG 175.
- Working under the guidance and instruction of the Estates & Technical Services Manager to keep up to date and accurate records on all electrical faults, defects etc. and carry out necessary rectifications and repairs as required.
- To actively respond to Rides & Attractions shutdowns and the reactive maintenance requirements of the wider Estate whilst on-duty.
- Under the guidance of the Estates & Technical Services Manager proactively contribute to the review and creation of appropriate Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Working Procedures relevant to the activities of the Technical Services Dept.
- To assist the Operations team with Ride specific and General Site Evacuations and other Emergency Requirements as needed. Following appropriate training, take part in or direct specialised evacuation procedures where technical support is required including working alongside the wider Operations team as part of a co-ordinated response.
- Under the guidance of the Estates & Technical Services Manager, prepare Dreamland’s Rides & Attractions for NDT and ADIPS annual inspection as required under the requirements of HSE Guidance Note HSG175 including the execution of all identified remedial work in connection.
- As requested by the Estates & Technical Services Manager assist Dreamland’s Operating Partners and Tenants with general Maintenance Support where appropriate under the terms of their respective contract agreements.
- Under the guidance of the Estates & Technical Services Manager undertake Annual service, maintenance, and repair schedules to all of Dreamland’s Rides & Attractions, Estate Buildings, Plant, Equipment & Infrastructure, as identified in the maintenance program including recording of all work undertaken within the Dept’s management systems and documents.
- Undertake other electrical installation tasks across the wider Estate including where appropriate event temporary installation and sign off, fixed wiring inspection and test, fault finding etc.
- Under the guidance of the Estates & Technical Services Manager, proactively contribute to establishing and maintaining an appropriate stock of spares for all of Dreamland’s Rides & Attractions, Estate Buildings, Plant, Equipment & Infrastructure.
- To take part in any training required to ensure the operational responsibilities of the Technical Services Dept are fulfilled. This may include but is not limited to specialist Working & Rescue at Height Training, IPAF, Telehandler Operation, H & S, manufacturer’s plant or equipment maintenance training etc.
- Under the Guidance of the Estates & Technical Services Manager assist in the creation and upkeep of Statutory H&S records relevant but not limited to such Regulations as CDM, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, and Working at Height etc.
- A relevant qualification in electrical installation i.e. NVQ, C and G etc. Trained to the requirements of the IET 18th edition Wiring Regs.
- HNC/HND in electrical engineering
- Previous experience working within an Electrical Engineering discipline or Environment.
- A demonstrable solid grounding and understanding of Electrical Engineering ideally gained working with amusement devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of ELV and LV control circuits, motors, power circuits and PLCs & fault finding.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial and commercial type installations.
- Experienced in working at height and/or confined spaces.
- Attention to detail
- Ability & willingness to work weekends and holidays with short notice.
- First Aid Trained
- Demonstrable formal Health and Safety training.
- IPAF Holder
- Telehandler/forklift licence
- Experience of working in a similar environment i.e. Theme Park, Amusement Park, visitor attraction etc.
- Experience in inspection and testing of electrical circuits.
- Experience of HV installations (switching etc.)
- C and G 2391 inspection and Testing Qualification.
- Additional relevant General Facilities Maintenance Experience e.g. with carpentry, decorating, plumbing etc.
What we can do for you:
So, if you are ready to become Dreamland’s first line of defence and be part of its exciting future we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Holiday Allowance of 31 days rising to 33 days after 3 year’s service, including Bank Holidays
- Staff discounts
- Health Care Scheme (on completion of probationary period)
For the full job description and person specification please follow the link below:
Technical Services Team (Electrical) – January 2022.pdf