Drive-In Film Club: CARS (PG)
Wed 5th AugustWednesday 05 August 2020 to
5 August 2020, 10:00 - 13:00
Doors open at 10am, screening begins at 11am.
Film fans and musical misfits, get your popcorn ready – we will be turning the park into a socially distanced drive-in cinema this summer.
Join us on selected days in August to watch a series of fantastic films on our huge HD outdoor screen.
In our first screening, CARS, a hot-shot race-car named Lightning McQueen gets waylaid in Radiator Springs, where he finds the true meaning of friendship and family.
Guests will be able to bring their own food and drink to enjoy in their cars. A limited range of food and drink will also be available to purchase on the evening, in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
Please note that you will need to enter Dreamland via Arlington car park and larger vehicles will be positioned at the rear of the arena.
Dreamland Members tickets:
General Admission tickets:
Got questions, need help?
If your query is ticket-related, please contact our ticketing partner AXS here.
Please see below for our full FAQs on this event:
Welfare Information and COVID-19
COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, is an infectious disease that can result in serious and potentially fatal illness. There is a risk of the transmission of COVID–19 in any environment where people come together. This risk increases in enclosed spaces and with increased numbers of people. The Government has advised elderly and those with underlying medical conditions are more vulnerable. Further information can be found on the Government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Whilst Dreamland, Margate will be ensuring that additional measures will be in place to keep all attendees safe, the risk cannot be completely removed. Anyone attending our outdoor screening will assume all responsibility for all risks associated with Covid-19 (unless in any way caused by the negligence of Dreamland, Margate). All attendees will be asked to:
- Comply with all government guidance aimed at preventing the transmission of the virus (details of which can be accessed via the following link https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- follow all directions provided by staff on duty at Dreamland, Margate for this event
- Not attend an event if you believe that you may have been infected by COVID-19.
The following individuals MUST NOT ATTEND the Outdoor Screenings:
- Any person displaying the symptoms of COVID-19 (New persistent cough, high temperature, a loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell). Further information can be found: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Any person who is self-isolating either due to displaying symptoms as above for 7 days, or any member of their household who is self-isolating for 14 days.
- Any person who has been instructed by the NHS Test and Trace Service to isolate.
We ASK that the following individuals DO NOT ATTEND the Outdoor Screenings:
- Any person who has been informed that they are extremely clinically vulnerable to COVID-19
- Any person who lives in the same household as an individual who is extremely clinically vulnerable to COVID-19.
We will open the site 60 minutes before the screening starts. Cars will access the site through the Dreamland Car Park that is located on All Saints’ Avenue. Staff will provide further directions and information upon arrival.
Once on site drivers will be asked to put on their hazard lights whenever their car is moving and not to exceed a speed limit of 5mph. All customers must arrive in a standard passenger vehicle. No pedestrians will be allowed on site.
What happens if I arrive late?
Depending on the circumstances, entry cannot be guaranteed. If you are unexpectedly delayed on your way to Dreamland and you expect to arrive after the screening start time, please contact our on site security team on 07471 036408.
Site Set Up
A plan of the site will be provided to all customers upon entry to the site for all screenings.
What type of vehicle can I bring, and how many people?
Vehicles NOT permitted - oversized vehicles (over 2m in height), motorbikes, mopeds, coaches, buses (including minibuses), campers, RVs, limousines, commercial vehicles such as vans, light goods vehicles, heavy goods vehicles, and vehicles with trailers.
- Standard passenger vehicles only.
- Party size must not exceed the number of legal seats in the vehicle.
- It is recommended that you only travel with people from your household in line with Government guidance. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Larger passenger vehicles such as 4x4s may be placed at the sides of the venue to avoid blocking the views of others.
- At the end of the show we ask that customers do not start their engines until instructed by the staff who will direct all vehicles to the exit.
- Once parked up and in position, cars may not leave the venue until the show has concluded and on instruction from staff.
How will we ensure your safety?
- Where required all staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment to ensure the risk of transmission of COVID-19 is minimised at all times
- The site will receive a thorough clean before and after screenings
- All bins will be emptied before and after screenings
- Cars are parked up on site, by row and arrival time
- Distance is provided between your car and the cars around you
- The only time you can leave your designated area is to use the gender-neutral toilet facilities
- Two locations will be operational for all screenings and will be clearly indicated on the site plan
- Both locations will be gender neutral and be set up to comply with the current guidelines
- Both locations also have accessible toilets within them
- All customers are asked to follow the markings on the floor to ensure social distancing at all times
- All toilets will be cleaned before, during and after each screening
- We encourage you to wear a face mask when using the toilets
- We also suggest using your own facilities before coming to the screening
How will I hear the show?
Information will be provided when you arrive for the screening.
What happens if I need help during the screening?
If you have an emergency, then please turn on your hazards lights and a member of staff will come to assist you.
Can I leave my car engine on?
Once your car is parked your engine and lights must be switched off.
Can I leave my car during the screening?
People are asked to remain in their cars at all times unless they need to go to the toilet. All customers are asked to comply with all social-distanced guidelines if they get out of their cars.
- No drones, professional cameras, or cameras with removable lenses
- Any items that could be used as a weapon
- No drugs (including legal/herbal highs) are permitted
- No umbrellas
- No flares / fireworks or smoke emitting devices
- No alcohol consumption by the driver or underage drinking
- No camping stoves and BBQs
- No gazebos
Can I smoke?
Smoking is permitted but please consider other customers on site.
Can I bring my pet?
No pets are allowed.
Can I bring my own food and drink items?
Yes, you are permitted to bring food and drink with you.
Can I purchase food and drink whilst on site?
A small concession unit is likely to be open, but more details will be provided in advance of the screenings.
All customers are asked to take their rubbish with them at the end of the screening.